Applications are opened for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) in Kenya — Cohort 2.
Deadline: October 10, 2020
About The Program:
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya, sponsored by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), U.S. Embassy Kenya, and implemented by the Youth Empowerment Program Initiative (YEPI), is a program supporting the development of women entrepreneurs around the world.
AWE provides women entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and networks needed to start and scale successful businesses. Through AWE, women entrepreneurs participate in a facilitated entrepreneurship program supplemented with localized content, as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
AWE is centered around the online training program, DreamBuilder, developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport- McMoRan. The program equips women with the tools needed to create and grow their own businesses, raise capital, and effectively network with other successful business owners.
1. Open for women entrepreneurs aged 20-40 years from Mombasa, Lamu, Nakuru, and Nairobi
2. Ability to commit six hours per week to the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
3. You have a business or a bright entrepreneurial idea that can be executed and be profitable
4. You have basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, Internet & Email
5. You are able to communicate in English. Both writing, speaking, and listening.
If you meet all the criteria listed above, you can apply to join the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) Kenya. The sessions will be held online in Mombasa, Lamu, Nakuru, and Nairobi from October to December 2020. Apply before October 10, 2020.
Click here to apply.
Leave A Comment?