- Target location: Global
- Platform fees: 5% of total funds raised
- Model: Reward-based
- Operating from: San Francisco, California
- Ideal For: Techies, Startups, small scale businesses, service-based causes, etc.
Indiegogo is the leading crowdfunding platform for tech products, as well as the only full-lifecycle platform for art projects, social impact campaigns, and environmental innovation projects.
So whether you’re developing a tech product or starting a project for social good, Indiegogo will help you successfully launch your campaign every step of the way.
How it works?
How can Indiegogo help you launch your business? On Indiegogo, you can:
- Raise Initial Funds: Generate the starter capital you need to validate your idea and develop your product.
- Extend Your Reach: Our network is your network. Find your first customers and build your community from millions of early adopters on Indiegogo.
- Build Your Business: Access expert support from campaign strategists, as well as Indiegogo’s exclusive manufacturing, fulfillment, and retail partners.
We’ve got the tools you need to launch your idea
|Funding choices||Every project is different. We enable you to make the funding choice that’s right for your goal, whether that’s fixed (all-or-nothing) or flexible.|
|Marketing & promotion||Build a fanbase, collect feedback, promote your story–Indiegogo is your complete marketing hub.|
|Integrated analytics||Launch smart! Use audience analytics and feedback to adjust your campaign on the fly for maximum impact.|
|Perks options||Bundle them, expand them, even offer them after your campaign ends. More perk options = more opportunity to engage with your fans.|
|Fulfillment support||Expand your sales footprint with our fulfillment and manufacturing support.|
|Mobile Management||Track your campaign performance in real-time and communicate with contributors via the Indiegogo mobile app.|
Why choose Indiegogo?
One of the first questions you’ve probably asked yourself during your crowdfunding journey is which crowdfunding platform is right for you.
The crowdfunding partner you choose will have a major impact on your product’s success — not to mention be a big part of your life for weeks, months, or even years — so it’s important to evaluate carefully.
Three reasons to choose Indiegogo:
|PARTNERSHIPS & SUPPORT|
|Indiegogo provides expert support and exclusive partnerships to boost your campaign|
|Indiegogo provides pre- and post-campaign tools to take your project beyond crowdfunding|
|FLEXIBILITY & WORLDWIDE REACH|
|Freedom to raise funding for anything and from everywhere|
Pricing and fees
- PRE-LAUNCH: Free (yes, really)
- CROWDFUNDING: 5% platform fees — (2.9% + 0.30*) third-party credit card fees for USD payout (additional third-party fees may apply)
- INDEMAND: 5% platform fees** — (2.9% + 0.30*) third-party credit card fees for USD payout (additional third-party fees may apply)
Fees & Pricing for Campaigners: How much does Indiegogo cost?
Indiegogo charges a five percent (5%) platform fee for all funds raised for your campaign. Fees are calculated and deducted from the funds you actually raise (not the target you set). Our payment processor also charges a processing fee that varies depending on your location and currency. Here’s all the information you need about Indiegogo fees and pricing.
|Currency||Transaction Fee||Transfer Fee|
|USD (with US bank account)||2.9%*+$0.30||$0 USD|
|CHF||2.9%*+Fr 0.30||Fr 25 CHF|
|DKK||2.9%*+Kr 3||Kr 175 DKK|
|NOK||2.9%*+Kr 3||Kr 225 NOK|
|SEK||2.9%*+Kr 3||Kr 250 SEK|
Let’s break down our fees in more detail.
Platform Fee: Indiegogo charges a 5% platform fee for all crowdfunding campaigns. If you are part of our InDemand program and run your Indiegogo campaign, your platform fee is still 5%. If you run your first campaign on another platform before joining our InDemand program, your platform fee is 8%. Please note that if you and Indiegogo agree, you may well have a different platform fee.
Transfer Fee: Transfer fees, or Bank Delivery Fees, are applied each time we send funds to your bank account.
- Your bank may charge extra fees, like currency conversion, wire charges, etc. Indiegogo always recommends that you contact your bank for more information before accessing your campaign information on your bank account. Indiegogo shall not be liable for any fees incurred by the campaigner as a result of the disbursement-including currency conversion, processing fees or any other bank or financial institution fees.
- There are no fees applicable to Fixed Funding campaigns that do not meet their objectives-all backers are refunded within 5 business days from the end of the campaign.
For more info, visit this website.