About the EEA and Norway Grants:
The EEA and Norway Grants are funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. The Grants have two goals – to contribute to a more equal Europe, both socially and economically – and to strengthen the relations between Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, and the 15 beneficiary countries in Europe.
Objective: reduce social and economic disparities and strengthen bilateral relations.
The EEA Grants allocation across the 15 beneficiary states whilst Norway Grants allocation across the 13 beneficiary states. They are as follows:
- Bulgaria (BG)
- Croatia (HR)
- Cyprus (CY)
- Czech Republic (CZ)
- Estonia (EE)
- Greece (EL)
- Hungary (HU)
- Latvia (LV)
- Lithuania (LT)
- Malta (MT)
- Poland (PL)
- Portugal (PT)
- Romania (RO)
- Slovakia (SK)
- Slovenia (SI)
The topics and programs:
The EEA Grants and Norway Grants tackle many issues and topics that evolve around the following themes:
- Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness
- Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction
- Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy
- Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms
- Justice and Home Affairs
They fund a large variety of topics, ranging from climate change and energy to cultural cooperation and civil society support. The priority goes to the funding to what is most relevant in each country. (See list above)
Types of funding:
There are two types of funding, the Fund for Youth Employment and the Fund for Regional Cooperation.
- The Fund for Youth Employment accepts projects with partners from Ireland, Italy, and Spain.
- The Fund for Regional Cooperation accepts projects from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
Applications from other countries are not accepted.
To learn more about the previous funding programs, visit the following website.
To find out about ongoing calls and application procedures, click here.
|1. The EEA Grants website, https://eeagrants.org/|
Leave A Comment?