You can apply for a Start-up visa if:
- You are planning on starting a business in the UK
- You are NOT from the EEA (European Economic Area) and Switzerland.
- You meet specific eligibility requirements.
You need to be endorsed by an authorized body that is either:
- a UK higher education institution
- a business organization with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs
You must be able to show that your business idea is:
- New – a business that is not already trading
- Innovative – original business idea that is different from anything that is already on the market
- Viable, and has a growth potential
How long does it take to get the Visa:
The earliest you can apply before travelling is 3 months.
You pay for a Start-up visa depending on your situation and where you apply.
|Who you are applying for||Apply (outside the UK)||Switch (in the UK)|
|If you are a citizen of Turkey or Macedonia||£308||£438|
|All dependents||£363 each person||£493 each person|
You will also need to pay for the healthcare surcharge as a part of your application.
Length of your stay:
You can stay in the UK for 2 years on a Start-up visa and you can NOT apply for Visa extension.
You may be eligible to apply for a switch to a Tier (Entrepreneur Visa) if:
- you have completed your second year on a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
- you have switched from a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa to a Start-up visa for your second year
What you can and cannot do:
- Bring family members
- Switch to another category visa
- Work in another job, while still working for your business
- Get public funds
- Work as a dentist or doctor in training
- Work as a professional sportsperson (Exp. Coach)
- Settle in the UK on this visa
First, you need your business or business idea to be assessed by an approved body. If your business is Viable, they will provide you with an endorsement.
- be at least 18 years old
- meet the English Language Requirement (B2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening)
- be able to prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you are in the UK (you have at least £945 in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before you apply)
When applying for the visa, you need to provide:
- an endorsement letter from an authorized body
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- bank statements showing you have had at least £945 in savings in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before you apply
- tuberculosis test result (in case you are from a country where you must take the test)
- proof of knowledge of the English language
- a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
How to apply:
The application for a Start-up visa happens online.
You will need to:
- have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application center
- get a biometric residence permit that you will need to collect within 10 days of when you said you would arrive in the UK
Leave A Comment?