About the Fund:
Urgent Action Fund’s Rapid Response Grants resource the resilience of human rights and gender justice movements by supporting the security and advocacy interventions of activists when a swift response is needed. Specifically, Rapid Response Grants offer quick, flexible funding to respond to security threats or unexpected advocacy opportunities experienced by women, transgender, or gender non-conforming, activists and human rights defenders.
- SECURITY: The safety and security of women or trans human rights defenders/activists/organizations are threatened as a result of their human rights work.
- OPPORTUNITY: An unexpected moment or opportunity for advocacy or mobilization that may result in advancements for women and LGBTQI’s rights, such as changes in legal decisions, policy, and laws, or a shift in public attitudes and practices.
- GRANT SIZE: UAF’s grants do not exceed US$8,000. The final grant amount awarded is determined by the UAF staff.
- GRANT PERIOD: Security grants are up to 3 months; Opportunity grants are up to 6 months.
Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights accepts applications for support from countries in Canada, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Russia, The South Caucasus, Turkey, United States, and Western Europe.
Applicants from other parts of the world should apply to one of our Sister Urgent Action Funds.
- To apply for support in Africa, write to: email@example.com.
- To apply for support in Latin America & the Caribbean, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply for support in Asia or the Pacific, please visit: https://www.uafanp.org/apply-now.
- Women/Trans-led – women/trans people must be the primary decision-makers in the organization, group, or action.
- Women or Trans Human Rights Focus – the actions proposed will promote the advancement of women’s or trans human rights using nonviolent tactics or strategies.
- Unanticipated and Time Urgent – the specific event or situation your organization is responding to was unanticipated, and actions must happen quickly to be effective. Actions must be implemented within 3-6 months of approval of an application.
- Supported/Networked – the group has the support of others involved in women’s human rights or related fields, locally or globally
How to Apply:
- Security Grant Online: https://urgentactionfund.org/security-rapid-response-grant-application/
- Opportunity Grant Online: https://urgentactionfund.org/opportunity-rapid-response-grant-application/
- Email: email@example.com Security Grant, Opportunity Grant
- Encrypted Proton email (more secure): firstname.lastname@example.org
|1. Urgent Action Fund, https://urgentactionfund.org/apply-for-a-grant/|
Leave A Comment?